Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Last NIGHt

Last night we had FHE and I told Brooklyn the story of The Widow's Mite. I thought it went well and Brooklyn listened well and seemed really interested. She then wanted to tell a story to Joel and I. She ended up comparing the The Widow's Mite to her giving candy out at Halloween! I thought I was doing such a great job, but man I must of left something out big time. I don't know what I am going to do with her! She also said the close prayer and blessed The poor woman and the tricker treaters soon and that she might have a pretty princess costume (She told Joel and I last night that she was sad she had to be a football player (last year) because all she really wanted to be was a princess!)
Also last night I finished Twilight! Yes I know I am WAY behind, but honestly I started the book once and didn't enjoy it. I go through reading moods and they might last a few weeks or years...who knows :) It has been a year or so since I have read a good leisure book. We have a book club starting at church and the twilight series is what we are reading, so I gave it another shot. For some reason I COULDN"T put the book down. Now I know what I was missing out on! I am now hooked and cannot wait for the movie! Its all I could think about all day...I know its pitiful!

3 comments:

Heather & Bryce said...

i'm relieved i wasnt the only one who started reading twilight and didn't really enjoy it the first time. i started reading it a month before our wedding (thats probably why i couldnt get into it, i was too distracted!)...and just never really enjoyed it, although i wanted to SO badly. i read half the book, and never finished. but recently i've been so motivated to read it, so i'm gunna start it again! im glad to know you LOVED it the second time! :)

joelandbecca said...

Ha Ha! Love Twilight. Told you I am a freak and read them all in two weeks! I used to be embarasssed to tell people I liked them. I haven't gotten the new one yet. Thanks for the suggestion. I think I am going seasonal. Now to find the right spot. oh, and so ready for the card party!

Nelee said...

I'm excited to read Twilight. I've heard great things about it and not so good things. I love hearing Brooklyn's stories. She is such a character!