Saturday, January 2, 2010

I Am a Child of God...

I am a Child of God,
And He has sent me here,
Has given me an Earthly home
With parents kind and dear,
Lead me guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way,
Teach me all that I must do,
To live with Him someday!

This is a song we sing often in church. I know that my children look like Joel and I, but they are truly a gift from God. I think about the pure JOY Mary must have felt when she held Jesus in her arms for the first time. It is hard for me to grasp the many things that Heavenly Father and Jesus has done for us, but I feel at this time of year I can relate to Mary and understand her feelings somewhat. I know Mary had much more of a responsibility caring and nurturing the Savior of the world. This humbles me dearly, but these two precious beings I have are His too and I truly hope to rear them in a righteous manner that is pleasing unto Him one day. Thank you Brooklyn and Jack for being our little ones!


1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh Britni! This brought a little tear to my eye. You have such beautiful children and this post made me think of how much I love Logan and how truly blessed Jonathan and I for having him in our lives.