Sunday, October 25, 2009

Comal County Fair

Comal County Fair was the big event for September for our little town of New Braunfels. At the last minute after the parade we took the kids over to the fair grounds because they were half price only that day and to get in a little rides and see the petting zoo (which I am not a fan of...but I did it this day). Janielle and Camberley went with us and we had a fun time. When we got there we saw the show animals and Brooklyn and Camberley loved it...Jack was a little unsure. Then they wanted to ride some rides...ok..can I just tell you...Carnies poke your EYES OUT with their prices. So I told them (since Yamboree was in 2 weeks...VERY similar too) they had 10 bucks to spend between the 2 of them...they gave them 2 rides each! Brooklyn wanted to do this slide where you slide down the thing with a mat. I took my kids up there and Brooklyn freaked! She didn't want to go by herself so I had no other choice then to put Jack on the put and push him down. I felt bad as I did it..but he loved it! He kept his arms out for balance...but stood up at the end and was so proud of himself. Brooklyn and then I took her turn and it was so slow and I think she was a little disappointed (had my big caboose not been on there with her it would've gone faster), but that was her decision. We then went to the petting zoo. The chickens were "sleeping" and so we went to the calves and goats. Jack actually kissed the calf. To top the trip off was with one more ride the carousel. That is always fun because we can do it together...but man I get dizzy towards the end! Thanks Janielle and Camberley for going with us!



Love these smiles!!!

Janielle and Camberley

Jack kissing the calves rear end!

No comments: