Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Well, the Friday before Thanksgiving the Judson Rockets were defeated in the second round of the playoffs by Austin Westlake. It was a great year for the Rockets! However, ending earlier this year meant we were off to Gilmer. I can't remember the last time I was in Gilmer for Thanksgiving...I really think that the years keep flying by though and it really hasn't been that long. We made it to Gilmer on Tuesday at noon. We got up early for once and boogied out as fast as we could to beat traffic. It was a smooth trip up there and back. This trip was so nice because we weren't over scheduled and we relaxed and hung out. We got to spend most of our time with our family. We spent a lot of time outside. Mom and Dad gave the grandkids an early Christmas present since we aren't going to be with them this year for Christmas...a John Deere Gator. They loved it and wanted to spend every waking moment on it. Joel was a tractor hog. My dad is leveling the land just to the left of the house were they are starting the process of building a barn. It will be really cute and I am excited for them...okay mainly dad who is thrilled! Thanksgiving day we went to Nana's for lunch and most the afternoon and then at night we went to Grandaddy's. We just fed our face and relaxed...so nice! :) The next morning though was not so relaxing...lets just say intense yet so FUN. Mom, Steph and I got up at 3:30 left the house by 3:45 and made our way through the crazy people on Black Friday. We loved the rush and the excitement of getting an item even if it wasn't something we had to have (luckily there wasn't any of that on our list...kids aren't that old yet..thank goodness). Mom knew exactly what to do on our first stop...dreaded WAL-MART...so we got our stuff or some of it and then headed for the checkout lines..because if not the line was backed up to the back of the store...we were second in our lane...made it out in 10 minutes and were proud of buys. Next, Toys R US (flop), Home Depot (great), Target (all selfish purchases mostly :)), JcPenny's, Dillards, Sears, Michaels (great deals on cricut cuts...so excited to try those out), Academy, and oh..of course we had to eat at Chick-fil-A! We got home to a bunch of complaining boys that had to watch kids for 3 hours but complained about us being gone 7....4 of those hours they weren't even up yet! Oh, well! Saturday Mom and dad were treated to their Christmas present early (black friday buy thanks to Nick getting up and getting it) a new dishwasher from all of us kiddos!!! Mom was excited...dad complained because he said he already had a dishwasher...Mom...she didn't think it was funny. That night mom and dad watched the kids while Joel and I and Steph and Nick went to the movies and ate at the Butchershop. Can I just say...Blindside...you have to see it!!!! So good. I hope you were able to count your many blessings this Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for my family...all of them...Joel, Brooklyn, and Jack, but also my born in family (Jones Bunch), and my married into family (Call Clan).



Mom and dad getting their new automatic dishwasher..unlike the manually done washing by my mom!

Joel, trying to be a lumberjack!

Jack learning the ropes of running the tractor.

What a handsome kid!

Grandaddy and Dad...always just a like...had to catch it with a picture..they are standing exactly the same...so funny these two!

Princess Countrygirl Brooklyn...she loved wearing our princess outfit while riding the gator. She is stuck in this picture and for traction she is moving a rock that she keeps in the back of the gator and places it behind the tire so she can push off...she is a mess!

I like Big...okay okay..Steph had to get a go at the gator too! Don't hate me Steph!

Brooklyn driving Noah around..I think he only fell out once..okay maybe twice;)

The whole gang move some dirt.

This picture scares the dickens out of me because I see so much of Heath..the crazy driver!!!

Poor Buddy...he really hates us when we come around...Brooklyn was just DYING for him to just ride with her.

Gotta love this wanna-be-country-girl...when Joel asked her, "why are your shoes in the back of the gator and not on your feet?" she replied, "Dad real country girls don't wear shoes!" I have to agree!

2 comments:

The Bailey's said...

That picture of me is bad! I also look just like mom in the face, but my behind is a lot larger.

angie jones said...

Let me get this straight...the picture is bad and you look just like mom! I think I'm offended Stephani! I don't know how I didn't see these pics until today!