Sunday, August 8, 2010

The biggest Milestone YET...

...Jack is POTTY TRAINED!  WHOOHOO!!  I HONESTLY thought it would NEVER happen!  LOL  I hate when people discuss "potty talk" but I am smiling ear to ear and can't help it!  My mom and I had been working with him for the past couple of weeks and he would NOT go on the potty at all!  A month ago when traveling he went once because I was changing him and in the middle of changing him he started to pee, so I drug him over to the potty and he went the rest into the potty.  Every time we would ask him, "Jack why won't you go on the potty?"  He would reply, "I did in Utah!"  UGH...that was over a month ago now and on Friday it just clicked!  With lots of Gatorade in hand (thanks to Aunt Emily), I sat beside him and read him a book and let him drink away while he was on the potty.  In between each page I would say push and see if you can get the pees out and that is what we did until half way through the book he finally went!  He was so proud of himself he has done it ever since and (knock on wood) hasn't had ANY accidents!  I made a CARS sticker chart that I found online and he got 11 stickers before nap time!  WHEW!  At least I got my baseboards cleaned in the bathroom while doing all that waiting!  LOL  Next milestone dry at night and we will be set.  My baby boy is getting too big!  Now the next 2 weeks prepping the kids especially Brooklyn for getting up early and going to bed early since she is starting Kindergarten this year...EEK and sob!  I am going to miss that crazy, smart, funny, and beautiful smiling girl all day!  I have lots of pictures to post over the several weeks, but that will have to wait for this week...just wanted to make sure I documented this...yes I am beyond thrilled!

6 comments:

Diamond said...

Great job, Jack! I am jealous. Cavell couldn't care less.

Liz said...

Yay for you!! We just got our youngest trained too and this is the first time we've been diaper free in six years!!!

brooke said...

great day for you!!!

Em said...

The best is that Jack thought the boys in nursery would make fun of him when he wore his Thomas the train briefs...not because of the briefs but because "they all wear diapers and I don't have them." Those were his words. It cracked me up when he said that!

Nik said...

WOOHOO!!! Congrats! That is the BEST day ever!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.