Saturday, September 26, 2009

Brooklyn's Big Girl Room

Brooklyn has been begging for me to let her hang up her new Flower light that Nana gave her since March! Well...we finally went to IKEA before the Pflugerville game a few weeks ago and I found the perfect bedding. I wanted GIRLY, but also...yes..I am a LITTLE LAZY...I was dreading having to paint over her RED wall from her little Cowgirl theme. So, I discovered at IKEA the perfect Red with HOT pink bedding for on $30.00!!! I was ecstatic! I wanted to wait until Christmas, but I couldn't hide the bedding since she was with me and saw it. This last Friday night Joel had a bye and they keep the boys at the school for a lock in on those Friday nights, so I knew it was going to be a very late night. I thought that would be the perfect day to redecorate the room. I didn't get started until later in the afternoon due to work so thankfully Bill and Sherree and Emily came out to help and I was so relieved! I think it turned out great and the best part of all...she has stayed in her bed every night since!! YAY!

Before...

These are mainly nursery pictures, but imagine the rocking chair being gone and the changing part of the table and replace with toys out the ears!

She still had this basic setup except she had a big girl bad (Queen actually). Bill made her head board and was real cute with faux leather and leather straps.

After...


4 comments:

BeickerFamily said...

Love it!!! It looks great... where did they get the flower lamp?

Nik said...

Very cute! I bet Brooklyn loves it!

Saville Family said...

Super cute. And the room looks so clean (wink, wink)!!

angie jones said...

So cute! I like it! Looks like a big girl! Really like the butterflies and the bed pulled away from the wall.